Friday, January 18, 2008

Major Events

2 of the events I look forward to most all year are going down tomorrow. The Walk for the Homeless is in the morning and my awesome girls-i-went-to-college with reunion tour is happening in Indiana. I could hardly sleep last night, I'm so excited.

I hate being awake early, but tomorrow, I'll jump out of bed at 6am to make it to work in plenty of time to get ready for the "Kid's Walk" that's going straight through the Timothy House. I love the Walk. I love it because it's such and encouraging show of solidarity. It makes me want to become a Steinbeck style union organizer, or some kind of powerful writer. We don't get a whole lot of "thank yous" at the Timothy House, and I feel like this is our community saying "thanks."

Then, immediately after the Walk, I'm driving up to Indy to hang out with these terrific friends from college. They are all teachers or in ministry, too, and I feel at home there. We'll catch up and eat each other's great cooking, they will inevitably drag me shopping, and I will attempt to put the kibosh on their plans for a "makeover night," and we'll encourage each other and pray. I can't wait.

No comments: