Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fumes & Propaganda

My dad & husband installed a tub surround in our downstairs shower on Saturday morning. This shower had previously just had drywall and wall paper in the shower--a bad idea, I know. So, as you can immagine, there were some issues witht the drywall, namely that the joint compound all the way around where the tub joins the wall was cracked and falling off. So, my husband the science teacher and my father the mechanic decided to replace the cracked plaster with quick drying BONDO. Bondo, if you're not familiar, is the stronger than steel, toxic putty type substance that is used to patch the body of cars. At any rate, the bondo filled the whole house with raucous fumes. Although we opened all of the windows for hours in the cold that afternoon, some of the fumes are still lingering and ruining my lung capacity. I feel sluggish and not so bright. Oh, and did I mention that we've been driving around in a car with an exhaust leak? Apparently, in my toxic haze I left Jenny a rambling, nonsensical voicemail telling her the fumes were cleared out and it was OK to come home. I think maybe I was wrong, as the message made perfect sense to me as I was leaving it.

While dad & Ben were Bondo-ing the shower, I was in the Kroger mezanine (read cart coral) with an intern, Hank, promoting the Walk for the Homeless. Hank and I both enjoy talking, so I would say this went well. I am that person you know to whom complete strangers feel compelled to share their entire life story, and some of krogering townspeople who stopped to talk did so. I continue to be entertained by this phenomenon. I'm also going to KCU on Tuesday and Wednesday to represent Good Works and recruit interns at the missions fair. I hope this goes well. If you have youth group kids or know people who go to KCU, please tell them to come by and see me...I think I know one student who's still there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get that car fixed...you're hubby and I already played the "why to get your car exhaust problems fixed immediately" game and it involved me wrapping my car around a guardrail on I-76...yeah...

Who doesn't love Bondo, right? Tell the Kids at KCU I send my love...I probably wouldn't recognize anyone there at all...

Keep the faith baby...

J