Tuesday, January 29, 2008

In Dreams

Do you have a cough due to cold? Yes Forest. I called in sick today and slept until 1:30pm. I'm feeling better now.

Last night, Kevin called me and my squeegee into the Timothy House for an emergency. The creepy, dungeon-like basement was flooding. Part of the old part of the basement wall was leaky and the sump pump in that room, as I discovered upon arrival, was not working properly. It just churned and churned the well of murky black water, but didn't suck anything up. Hmmm...must be clogged, I thought. So, I crouched down and dug into the water past my elbow and this is what I pulled out:

2 disposable pudding serving cups
2 rotted rolls of electrical tape
1 rotted roll of duct tape
3 shards of plastic
1 straw
1 spray bottle cap

Did you know that electrical tape rots? me neither. While the excavation was satisfying, it didn't unclog the sump pump, which overflowed numerous times today while I was out sick. It had to be replaced.

While I was sleeping, I had two opposing dreams. In the first dream, I discovered that my gerbils (named Bea Arthur and Gena Davis in real life) were not both female, and had reproduced the most adorable, tiny baby gerbils. I was so happy and played with them for hours.

Then, the gerbil dream ended abruptly, and I found myself in a nightmare in which I had been abducted by a serial killer. I was being held hostage, tied up to a chair in his creepy apartment. In my dream, the apartment was Lindsey McDonald's house, but not really (not relevant if you don't know Lindsey). Anyway, the killer went to find a scalpel to torture me, but I managed to get out of the ropes that were tying me down. I silently crept over to a book shelf and found a big, heavy Greek Lexicon and hid behind a doorway waiting for him. When he came around the corner, I jacked him in the face with it and then beat him unconscious and escaped.

Yeah, I have really vivid, intense dreams. Always in color. Always weird.

No comments: