Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Mmm good.

Over the summer, when it was around 95 degrees, I made a crock pot full of French onion soup for a work function. Not wanting to spill a gallon of soup onto the floor board of my truck, I taped the lid onto the crock pot, placed it on the most level part of my floor, and held onto the top of it with my hand as I drove the 1 mile to work. At the first big corner, the crock pot slipped out from under my hand and up-ended itself, spilling nearly every drop of my delicious (and I do mean delicious) soup onto the floor mat. When I arrived at work, I had just enough time to fold my floor mat into a scoop and heave a few throws of it into the yard before we departed for 6 hours. I did have the presence of mind to leave the crock pot and my floor mat sitting on the ground under my truck instead of in it, but nevertheless, I was unprepared for the slap in the face of hot, stinky onion and beef when I returned to my vehicle that afternoon. I can't even describe it. I shampooed my upholstery and floor mats, and well as the floor of the truck. I scrubbed it. I scrubbed the hell out of it. That was months ago, and the smell is still there. It hit me in the face this morning, even though it was only about 50 degrees. Other people say they can't smell it, or that it's not bad...they're wrong. Maybe they think that smell is BO, or that I deliver pizza for a living...but I know it's soup. I think this smell may have ruined me on French onion soup. I hope not, but I'm having trouble recovering.

No comments: