Monday, November 5, 2007

Anybody ever tell you....

That they're a prophet of God?
That they know God made them a horse and a lot of other animals?
That people who don't go to church are stabled?
That they have lights in their eyes?
That they won't eat any GODDAMNED MEAT or take any pills?
Or that people are following them everywhere?

We met with a woman today who was really paranoid. Really, really paranoid and delusional. She scared me for a minute. Every couple of months, I meet a person insane or drunk enough to make me wonder, "Is there a gun in that bag? I guess I wouldn't know until it was too late..." This woman is that ill.

We could not house her; she's far too sick right now. So after we talked to her, we just prayed for a while. It didn't seem like there was anything else to do. Through a series of events, she came back to the house later and we called her a cab. I offered to pay for it if she would take it to the hospital to get a psych evaluation, but she declined, quite angrily.

God is faithful, though, and I think he looks out for people. I just talked to a woman who does psych evals at the hospital, and they are admitting the paranoid woman from this afternoon. I'm glad. We prayed that she would have a place to go and that she would get help. Seems like it's working out.

No comments: