Sunday, December 23, 2007

Xmas in Maryland

My father-in-law is making bacon and eggs right now. Awesome.

We drove to Maryland--my husband's hinterland--yesterday morning for the Horsch family Christmas. It was good for several reasons that mostly stem from my inlaws not being wrapped up spending tons of money or particular traditions. So, we had terrific spaghetti for Christmas dinner and every couple brought 2 gifts for an exchange. I won (I do feel like I win or earn presents) the book Into the Wild and a bunch of Napoleon Dynamite posters. Ben won a box of different soup mixes. We gave (which I hear is the best part of presents) 2 pounds of coffee from a local fair trade coffee shop, and one of those I-gave-a-gift-in-your-name Heifer International gift of chickens to an impoverished 3rd world family. It felt a little like cheating.

Time for bacon.

No comments: