Thursday, December 27, 2007

Arghh!

Hasn't been the best couple of days.

Christmas was AWESOME and my family is adorable and loving, generous, and all of those other things...work however, is stressing me out more severly than I normally permit. It's stressing me out enough that I'm blogging from work rather than working because I can't take it. I think part of the problem is that I haven't been engagin 2 of my 3 normal coping mechanisms. Out of my triumverate of prayer and meditation, art, and excercise, I've only been employing exercise for the last 2 weeks or so...I think I'm accidentally ruining my own life a little bit. I'm planning on spending my evening remedying this problem. I need some time alone, man.

A resident said something great to me today, though. We have an older wirery guy at the shelter right now with a great big, bushy, gray beard, and I was commenting to him that a stocky, younger guy with an even bushier red beard (whom I've named "Small Bunyan") was giving him a run for his money. The older guy said, "Yeah, but I've got the gray advantage; Old age and treachery trumps youth and whatever else."

You made my day old wirery guy with a great big, bushy, gray beard. Totally made my day.

1 comment:

j.doc said...

sorry work sucks. yay art therapy...let me know if there's anything i can to to help talk you down off the ledge.