Sunday, March 9, 2008

Billy Jean


Sometimes, every great once in a while, I have a day where I feel like Michael Jackson in the Billy Jean video--like every step I take lights up. Half of today was like that.

At church this morning, I got to play airplane with a little kid for like 20 minutes. It was amazing. This kid frequently screams through all of church, so discovering that she loved airplane was a small miracle.

Tonight, my volunteers were stranded in Columbus, so I had to work their shift. This shift was great. I ate pizza. I hung out with people I don't get to talk to often, and my pastor had this open time of discussion about faith with anyone who wanted to come. 3 former residents came--it was great. I though they had just come by to see if they had mail, but they stayed for an hour long conversation about who the Holy Spirit is. Unreal. This shows that all the energy and love we've been pouring into these folks is sinking in. And these are people we've been tough on, too. We let them know when they're slacking off or being foolish, and they still come around. I'm so glad.

The not so lights on the floor part of my day was staying up 'til 3 am, taking a super crappy nap, and waking up from it with a sinus headache, but that was easily overcome by medicine and coffee. I also had a former resident tell me I was mean for being hard on him. That was a bummer, but I can understand his perspective.

Yeah, lights on the floor.

No comments: