Monday, February 25, 2008

Like no sleep...

I'm going on like no sleep.  For a few months, I've had problems falling asleep, then problems staying asleep, and also problems waking up too early and not being able to fall back to sleep.  That pretty much adds up to no sleep.  

Today I came in to work 2 hours late because I did not sleep during the night and could not get up in the morning.  I couldn't make my brain work, so I dozed for an extra 2 hours, during which I also did not really sleep.  

This sucks.

I had the worst insomnia my whole life.  It got better for a while after I got married, but it sucks again now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have an aversion to drugs, this won't be helpful, but my mother and I also both have sleep issues. I have found that most of the times just one Benedryl when I can't sleep for a couple nights in a row works. I usually suffer for 1-2 nights and then I take the Bendedryl for 2-3 nights in a row and it gets me back on track for a week or two. My doctor said it's fine to take that every night if I need to - it doesn't damage your insides or anything. If it doesn't work, one or two OTC tablets like Nitol or the generic brands do the trick. Those don't work for my mom - she has tried every prescription drug int eh world and the only thing that works for her is Ambien CR but after three months, her doc won't give her any more because it is not meant for long term treatment.

Andrea said...

Mmmm...drugs...I did Benadryl for a while in high school, but found I needed "uppers" to snap out of my antihistamine hangover...I'm really sensitive to that sort of thing. My friends started calling me "Elvis" and I decided to "white knuckle it," and have mostly avoided sleepy time pills and ridiculous amounts of coffee since.