Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Big Round Steamy Disapointment.

Do you have a favorite meal? A meal you find so delicious that, given the opportunity, you would eat it once a day every day for years without ceasing?

I do.

A Donatos Mariachi Chicken Pizza.

You can imagine my excitement when I found out months ago that Donatos was moving to Athens. I waited with baited breath until the grand opening today. I drove straight there when I got off work, but the place was totally packed. No spaces in the lot. People parked in places that weren't spaces. Line stretching out the door. I called the number on the letter board thing twice before I left the parking lot and another two times on the way home. Busy.

I gave up. I settled for a Hungry Howie's substitute. I got a medium with chicken, olives, and jalapeƱos. When I got it home, I discovered that the chicken was cut up chicken finger. It sucked, but I had kind of a crappy day at work and I was feeling really sorry for myself, so I ate half of it alone in the basement.

Yup, feeling really pathetic right now.

1 comment:

j.doc said...

aww. sorry friend.

there is, tragically, no possible substitute for mariachi chicken pizza.

hope things start looking up.